Birth Story & Quick Life Update & Info Regarding Hiatus


Hey Guys! In case y'all didn't notice I've been inactive on this blog for the last little while and may be inactive for a little while longer. The reason for this would be because I had my little boy, Michael Anthony, about 7 weeks ago! He was born weighing 7.15 lbs at 1:15pm on April 11th 2015. Its been a bit of an adjustment so I haven't really been online much and until I've taken care of a few other things I've fallen behind in this blog might stay sort of inactive.


 Anyways I'm going to use the rest of this post to tell you guys about my labor and delivery and how its been being a mommy so far. So lets start with labor & delivery. I went into labor around 8am. I was woken up by some painful contractions and a lot of pressure down below. It felt like I really had to go to the bathroom and I tried that a few times but obviously that wasn't the issue so my attempts to go to the bathroom were unsuccessful. Over the next hour my contractions got so bad that I could hardly breathe and came pretty close to tears. At around 9 I had Tyler run a bath for me and stayed in there until about 9:30 when my mum came to pick us up and take us to the hospital. I don't think my mum really believed I was in labor because she didn't see any urgency in getting me to the hospital. She even stopped for Tim Hortons on the way to pick me up as I was laying there in pain. Thanks mum! But anyways we ended up arriving at the hospital at around 10:30am and I was 6cm dilated and having very consistent and close contractions. My water still hadn't broken and they took me into a delivery room. I asked for an epidural just so they would have it set up in case I did want one eventually but I didn't plan on getting the epidural unless I needed it. Once we were in the delivery room my midwife offered me sterile water injections in my back which I accepted because she said they would hurt for a few seconds and it would just feel like a bee sting. She lied. It felt like my entire back was on fire for about 2 minutes and I wanted to punch her. :p I stood for about half the time we were in the delivery room before I started pushing leaning over the bed and then I got too tired to stand and laid down. I ended up probably nearly breaking my mums hand from squeezing it so hard. I was offered other hands to spare hers but sometimes you just need your mom. After a while laying down it was time for me to push, although I was told repeatedly not to...but I mean..when its time its time. You cant just clench and keep your baby in. this was around 12:30 and I had been in labour for around 4.5 hours at this point. My water still hadn't broken. The pushing was the worst bit of the delivery. My waters broke while I was pushing and gushed out everywhere, It was like a fire hydrant that had exploded everywhere or something, I think that shocked everyone and it was quite funny looking back on it. Everything hurt 10x more after that and that wasn't so funny. Michael's heart rate dropped quite a bit when I started pushing so an OB was brought into the room but it must have just been his position that was changing his heart rate because it went back to normal after my second or third push. The timeline of things is a little fuzzy for me so it might not be 100% accurate but I remember getting very annoyed with a nurse who wouldn't stop saying positive affirmations to me and ended up telling her to just shut up and I remember when Michael started crowning I looked down and said something along the lines of "ew, that's disgusting" and then went back to pushing. Seriously guys. Its gross. And after some more pushes he was finally born. I said "oh my god, that's my baby" and we did immediate skin to skin. I used to doubt people when they said once your baby is born you forget all the pain of delivery but honestly you do. The only thing that matters is the tiny person in your arms. I couldn't believe I had created such a perfect little human. During our hour of skin to skin when he was born he  ended up doing his first poop on me which I didn't notice, or care about when I found out since I was already covered in a bunch of blood and fluids and gunk from birthing him. He latched and fed from me within that first hour and he fell asleep. I am still amazed with my body and the fact that I created and delivered a baby completely naturally. So there's my birth story I guess.


Since that day he's grown quite a bit. He's grown out of newborn diapers and clothes and is wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes but I'm guessing he'll be wearing size 2 diapers and size 3-6 month clothes by the middle of next month. He loves his baths now. He can roll onto his belly from his back and his head support is amazing. He is constantly pushing off of things with his little legs. He is still EBF and he basically sleeps through the night. He wakes up once in the night for a sleep feed and he sleeps from 8/9pm-9/11am. He smiles a lot and he is awake for 3-4 hours at a time between naps. We bed share and he nurses to sleep. He is just generally a very happy and healthy baby and I couldn't be more proud of being his mama. Anyways this is all I can think to write at the moment. Stay tuned for more updates!

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment